Metal detectors are sold in many different places. You can find them new and used online. You can find them used at pawn shops and antique stores. You can buy them new at department stores and specialty stores. When you buy one in person, as opposed to online, you have the benefit of being able to try it out before you buy it. This allows you to test out various types and sizes and is the best way for you to find the right one for you according to size and weight. Searching online lends itself to those who either know what size and type they want or are looking for a detector with specific settings and characteristics.
Unless you are already knowledgeable, finding a store with expert help can be a huge help. Typically, all of these guys are pretty passionate about what they sell and are eager to help. If you can’t find a storefront in your area, you can chat online and still get all of your questions answered.
1. Kellyco Metal Detector Superstore in Florida is the largest metal detector distributor in America. If you live in Florida or are visiting Florida, you can take a look through their 30,000 ft. warehouse. A visit here will give you the opportunity to see every kind of metal detector available. You will also find everything related to metal detecting that you could possibly want, as well as get the most knowledgeable help. When you find just what you were looking for, you can then take it home with you. Many stores don’t keep a huge amount of stock, so you will have to order and have it shipped to you. These guys keep a huge amount of inventory, so you can get it right then and there.
2. MetalDetector.com – You can shop online here, or visit their store if you are in the Boston, Massachusetts area. They have over one hundred metal detectors for you to check out and thousands in stock. So, if you find one you like, you can probably take it home with you then and there. All the detectors you find on their website can be found at their showroom. Note that they are closed on Saturday and Sunday.
3. TexasPremiumDetectors.com – This online store carries all the best names in metal detectors at great prices. In fact, they claim that they will meet or beat any advertised price. They carry Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics, and Detector Pro. If you are looking for any of these, then check out this site for prices.
4. Amazon.com – What can’t you find on Amazon? Amazon is an excellent place to research different metal detectors because there are product descriptions, product details, and sometimes customer reviews attached to each product.
5. Ebay.com – Is also a great place to check out. They have helpful articles, called “buying guides,” that have useful information. eBay is also a great place to buy things with all the accessories included. Although eBay sells lots of new items, they also sell used, and sometimes you get a much better price by purchasing something used.
6. Walmart – They don’t stock their store shelves with them, but you can check out the fairly large selection online and either have your metal detector shipped to you for free, or you can pick it up at your closest Walmart store. They sell Bounty Hunter, Tesoro, Garrett, Teknetics, Fisher… lots of the name brands you will want to look at.
7. BassPro.com – This outdoor enthusiast store has everything for the outdoor enthusiast, including metal detectors. They sell Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Minelab, and Teknetics. They also have stores located al across the United States and some in Canada. Check out their website for store locations.
8. GroundBalanced.com – has a website you can order from and also a storefront you can visit in San Diego County. They specialize in metal detectors, prospecting equipment, gold panning supplies, and off-road survival gear. They sell Minelab, Fisher, Garrett, Tesoro, Falcon, and Whites metal detectors and accessories.
9. GoldenRoadDetectors.com – This Company is located in Warrensburg, Missouri, and ships to the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. They carry Minelab, Nautilus, White’s, Garrett, Tesoro, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, and Detector Pro metal detectors. They have a good selection; check them out.
10.DiscountDivers.com – This is a unique site where you can buy or rent metal detectors, either above ground or underwater ones. These guys are divers and specialize in underwater detectors. You can also sell, trade, or donate your metal detectors and accessories. Definitely a unique site.
Lists of high-end metal detector available at http://www.mytreasuremetaldetector.com/five-high-end-metal-detectors/